Leyton Orient’s victory over Chesterfield today has put them a whole 7 points clear of the relegation zone and, given the other favourable results, I would even venture to say that for the first time this season I’m feeling like we’re getting safe.
Other signification results include:
- Bristol City beating Brentford
- Yeovil beating Cheltenham
- Huddersfield beating Bradford
- Northampton beating Bournemouth (especially significant given that Bournemouth are just below Orient)
- Port Vale thrashing Rotherham
It would have been nice if Gillingham had lost instead of beating Crewe but you can’t have everything. Maybe a draw at Northampton v Bournemouth would have been the ideal result as it would have moved us above both of them, but it’s arguable that it would have been a better result.
Although the win doesn’t move the O’s any further up the table it does put us well clear of the relegation zone and five points ahead of Bournemouth who are right behind in 19th place.