My book Build an HTML5 Game in going to be out in a couple of months, and until around 4pm on January 31st 2015 you can get 40% off with the discount code BRIGHTANDEARLY if you buy it here: http://www.nostarch.com/html5game
The discount applies to ebooks or the physical copy too, although it’s only if you’re in the United States that I guess the physical version makes sense, until it’s more widely distributed sometime in March.
Build an HTML5 Game
In Build an HTML5 Game, author Karl Bunyan shows you how to create browser-based games by walking you through an in-depth tutorial on building a classic favorite, the bubble shooter. Along the way, you’ll learn how to:
- Cause exploding effects with a jQuery plugin
- Use hitboxes and a bit of geometry to detect collisions
- Implement game logic to display levels and respond to player input
- Convey changes in game state through animation and sound
- Add flair to a game interface with CSS transitions and transformations
- Gain pixel-level control over the game display with the canvas
Hit the ground running as you start programming the bubble shooter from the very first chapter. Exercises at the end of each chapter test your new skills by challenging you to dig into the bubble shooter’s code and modify the game.
You can create a complete game right now, with skills that you already have. Let Build an HTML5 Game teach you the basics, and then transfer that knowledge to create any game you can imagine.